I’ve noticed an odd thing about the traffic to the site ever since I started doing this daily lunchbreak link blog post – it’s gone down considerably. I had an impression that posting links usually increases a website’s footprint on the interwebs, thereby increasing traffic throughput through search and relinks. It’s baffling. I almost hate to bump Ryan’s great post on Castle Crashers down (especially since it has over doubled hits to the site today, mostly through Behemoth’s twitter – Thanks by the way, Ryan), but I haven’t blogged at all this week, and my fingers are itching for these keys.
- Life imitates art in strange ways sometimes. Especially when someone pulls a Metal Gear Solid and uses a cardboard box to escape prison!
- I’ve been desperate to play some Batman: Arkham Asylum since I had a brief hands-on with it at E3, but not desperate enough to pirate it. For those who did, and complained about a strange gameplay bug – you just got PWNED by the greatest piracy trap of all time.
- I beta-tested Star Wars Galaxies and even played it for quite a while after its release, but eventually basic reasoning skills prevailed and I discontinued my subscription. Will I ever go back? No. Does this latest STAR WARS ZOMBIES add-on make me want to. Kind of, but still no.
- Here’s an article from the Australian Newspaper, The Daily Telegraph about Charles Martinet – the voice of Mario – in which he recounts his experience auditioning for the part. You know, kind of like he did for me at E3!
- Scribblenauts is out, reviewed, and still not owned by me. I need to fix that soon.
- Have you purchased all of the Fallout 3 add-on packs like I have? If so, you’ll soon be able to download a pretty slick looking new premium theme for your Xbox Dashboard. It will be released on October 1st.
- And finally, since I can’t seem to make one of these posts without a video, check out this incredibly cool sculpting of a ridiculously lifelike Piranha Plant.